Author Topic: Please submit a post here if you have any questions about my guide  (Read 42781 times)

trolley.man

Re: Please submit a post here if you have any questions about my guide
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2007, 05:16:32 am »
Another case of corrupted disc, please download the image again.

Thanks!

hey
thanks for the help !

already downloading the image again

thanks again

chrigi

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2007, 08:59:02 am »
Hi,
After the 6th step (dual boot), i rebooted my pc. and then, i clicked (in the OS Selector) to the unknown os (=mac), But then usually comes an error: "hfs+ partition error"
What can I do?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 10:27:12 am by chrigi »

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2007, 06:51:24 pm »
Here is the solution for you:
http://forum.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t30858.html
1 minute of Googling did the trick =:)

Good luck and welcome to MAC world!

Hi,
After the 6th step (dual boot), i rebooted my pc. and then, i clicked (in the OS Selector) to the unknown os (=mac), But then usually comes an error: "hfs+ partition error"
What can I do?

Thanks.

joshbergs

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2007, 01:07:43 am »
Hi,
I am having the same problem as lairusi...

I have set my 10GB partition to FAT32 using Acronsis Disk Suite.
Then when I use the MAC disk utility to change the format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), the name of the volume changes to "disk0s4" and says the format is "Windows_Fat_32"

Then I just assumed it had formatted corrrectly at first so I tryed to continue with the installation but then relised that there was a problem because there where no options for which drive to install the OS to.

Please help  :( :)

chrigi

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2007, 05:11:50 am »
hy,

I have a problem: When I restart the computer and boot to mac os x,  a "grey colored" page where you see the apple logo at the center and below it is a small gear like circle appears. But after 20 seconds, the display gets black (stand-by-mode).
I think it's a problem with the graphical card (I have a ATI Readon x300/x550 Series)
I have already tried: "Graphics mode"="1280x1024x32" (I have VESA 2)
Then, the installation was in the 1280x1024 mode, but the problam with the black screen remains.

I hope you can help me...
Thanks!

deerman90

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2007, 12:33:29 am »
well actually, right now i dont have any questions about the guide. but ihave some troubles with my jas OS X 10.4.8 install, it hangs right after booting (in the install process)
showing me this black screen:

link:
http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/6329/0000022th0.jpg

here you have my pc specs:

- Motehrboard: ASROCK AM2NF6G - VSTA
- CPU: AMD Athlon x2 dual core 5200+
- RAM: 1 GB 667mhz
- HD: hitachi 160 GB (SATA II mode)
- Onboard Nvidia 6100 video chip, Nvidia 405 chipset. 256 MB video shared

if somebody can help me, please do it!, i will really apreciate it

thanks

casual_fitzy

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2007, 12:04:39 pm »
Hey, I followed your guide exactly and it worked perfectly through the installation.  After reboot however, Acronis loaded and says "Acronis OS selector was unable to load 'UNKNOWN' operating system. The partition required cannot be found."  Do you have any idea what this means?  Thanks.

-Edit- This is what I get now: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/Casualfitzy/ERROR.jpg

Is there any way to tell where the problem lies?  The installation went so smoothly I'd hate to think my disc was messed up.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:43:27 pm by casual_fitzy »

mr.madison

« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2007, 12:56:43 am »
Ok well I just did the OSX 10.4.9 uphuck version on my PC. Its a gateway Dual Core.. dont know the specifics as I having probs and cant pull it up. But its Model GT4024. I check before hand and its a SSE3 supporter.
Processor BrandIntel Processor ClassPentium D Processor Speed2.66 GHz Installed Memory1 GB Bus Speed533 MHz Cache Size2 MB Memory TechnologyDDR II SDRAM Maximum Memory2 GB Number of Installed Processors1 Maximum Number of Processors1 System ChipsetATI Radeon Xpress 200

Well let me start off and say I had a problem doing the Partitioning as described here http://coolblog.profit42.com/2006/05/13/os...ndows-computer/ I used this version because I plan to dual boot with XP.

What I did do was partition 30gigs on my C: and formated using disk partition to a fat32 primary and I made it active. Now when I went to the install on 10.4.9 There were no drives found. So i used the disk utility and erased and used one of the mac formats and it had ms-dos selected as default but it did not add a drive for me to install to.

Well the install went fine.. i think.. and It rebooted and now im getting this error going to OSX

"On ACPICPUthrottle when adding cpu 0 ,1,2,3(it did these all separate) They fail. No Valid cpu's returned by acpi! it's possible your bios does not think your system should be throttled and therefore did not return any available power states, or maybe your cpu only supports other state then maximum"

The when i try to boot to windows.. its says "windows root>system32\hal.dll missing reinstall"

So right now im kinda stuck and I dont know what to do. Any help would be great.. and if you need more info I can do my best.

Thanks!

casual_fitzy

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2007, 01:58:40 pm »
Well, I got it up and running great!  Thanks for the wonderful instructions.  I have another question though, is there any way to get drivers installed for all my products?  Like my 6800GT video card.  Nvidia doesn't seem to make Mac drivers for their 6 series.  Anyone know a way to get everything recognized and working properly?

Diezel VH4

Can I use my typical PS/2 keyboard and my USB sound device
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2007, 02:34:39 pm »
Thanks for that great guide!!!everything worked properly!!
The only prob is that I can't use my typical ps/2 keyboard..this is happening
only in the mac os.The pc I've used to install the os is a simple intel celeron
based desktop computer.Is something that I can do?Or i simply have to buy
a usb keyboard?Also I have a problem with my usb sound device...it sounds
like there's something wrong with the sample rate,instead of my usb device
I tried to use the onboard one but in that case,i have no sound at all...
THANX

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2007, 02:57:38 pm »
You will need to re-format the partition to MAC OS X during the installation using the MAC OS partition manager that is build in the installation program.

Hi,
I am having the same problem as lairusi...

I have set my 10GB partition to FAT32 using Acronsis Disk Suite.
Then when I use the MAC disk utility to change the format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), the name of the volume changes to "disk0s4" and says the format is "Windows_Fat_32"

Then I just assumed it had formatted corrrectly at first so I tryed to continue with the installation but then relised that there was a problem because there where no options for which drive to install the OS to.

Please help  :( :)

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2007, 02:58:36 pm »
Use 1024*768, unfortunately I do not think Hackintosh support any higher resolution.

hy,

I have a problem: When I restart the computer and boot to mac os x,  a "grey colored" page where you see the apple logo at the center and below it is a small gear like circle appears. But after 20 seconds, the display gets black (stand-by-mode).
I think it's a problem with the graphical card (I have a ATI Readon x300/x550 Series)
I have already tried: "Graphics mode"="1280x1024x32" (I have VESA 2)
Then, the installation was in the 1280x1024 mode, but the problam with the black screen remains.

I hope you can help me...
Thanks!

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2007, 03:01:18 pm »
You used Windows Vista? Try to find the newest version of Acronis.

Hey, I followed your guide exactly and it worked perfectly through the installation.  After reboot however, Acronis loaded and says "Acronis OS selector was unable to load 'UNKNOWN' operating system. The partition required cannot be found."  Do you have any idea what this means?  Thanks.

-Edit- This is what I get now: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/Casualfitzy/ERROR.jpg

Is there any way to tell where the problem lies?  The installation went so smoothly I'd hate to think my disc was messed up.

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2007, 03:05:31 pm »
Not sure as I do not have NVidia Card, anyone has a Nvidia card and would like to help this gentleman out? Thanks!

Well, I got it up and running great!  Thanks for the wonderful instructions.  I have another question though, is there any way to get drivers installed for all my products?  Like my 6800GT video card.  Nvidia doesn't seem to make Mac drivers for their 6 series.  Anyone know a way to get everything recognized and working properly?

proper99

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 07:14:07 pm »
You will need to re-format the partition to MAC OS X during the installation using the MAC OS partition manager that is build in the installation program.
[/quote

please, the steps would be really nice, how do you access this partition manager

if you mean under disk utility then partition, then there are no drives showing other than the DVD drive

thanks very much