Author Topic: Please submit a post here if you have any questions about my guide  (Read 42778 times)

forum_id

Re: Please submit a post here if you have any questions about my guide
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2007, 12:47:30 pm »
Thank you. Your guide is really helpful. I have 2 windows systems. I tried to install Mac OSX on one of the machines. I have installed successfully by wiping out windows completely. But, the problem is when the system got restarted it couldn't load Mac. I tried 6 times. I have given single partition to Mac OSX that is my hard disk completely. So, can u help??

imweezle

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 03:45:41 pm »
Hi, thank you for the guide. It worked like a charm and I am loving Mac OS X. I haven't had a lot of time to fiddle around with it, but I hope to spend more time with it soon. Here is my dilemma though, I want to get back to running Windows XP for a little bit to finish up some things, and I don't have an XP boot disc. Like you, I have an IBM Thinkpad, only mine is an R50e. I was trying to access Rescue and Recovery from BIOS, but the computer would never go into the Rescue and Recovery mode; it just showed up with the blue screen of death and gave me a fatal system error message. I was wondering since you used an IBM Thinkpad, if you were able to get into Rescue and Recovery from BIOS and how you did it.

Thanks,
imweezle

shuberto

« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2007, 11:45:24 pm »
I am having a problem when I open the disk utility.  The only things that show in the left window are the dvd disk and the dvdrom.  My main hard drive and the one I just partitioned do not even show up.  I'm really at a loss here because it wont let me go on anymore.  I tried typing in sudo cfdisk to the terminal and it says there is no command for that.  Please help me out, I'd appreciate it greatly.
Dave

carl

« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2008, 12:40:24 pm »
 Please do not copy the entire ISO file to your DVD, it won't work! (You can laugh at me for this, but really, people have done that before).
So what files from the iso image (once i have used winrar to read it) do i need to put on the disk? with the complete iso image on the disk it will not install as you said!

frank

« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2008, 04:40:31 am »
Actually I am having the same problem.
I have used 'Disk Utility' to 'erase' the fat 32 partition to 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)', and after the process the disk is still 'Windows fat 32' format. And installation could not find this disk.
I guess it is because I didn't format it correctly?
So it is not enough to format it to 'fat 32 primary partition'?

You will need to re-format the partition to MAC OS X during the installation using the MAC OS partition manager that is build in the installation program.

Hi,
I am having the same problem as lairusi...

I have set my 10GB partition to FAT32 using Acronsis Disk Suite.
Then when I use the MAC disk utility to change the format to Mac OS Extended (Journaled), the name of the volume changes to "disk0s4" and says the format is "Windows_Fat_32"

Then I just assumed it had formatted corrrectly at first so I tryed to continue with the installation but then relised that there was a problem because there where no options for which drive to install the OS to.

Please help  :( :)

heightgrowthshoes.com

supasixfo

HFS+ error
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2008, 04:25:37 pm »
The guide is great. I did however, come across a couple problems. I had two primary partitions already for Windows XP. So, My first Mac OSX installation was on a logical drive. This epic failed. I used Partition Magic to convert the second (non system) windows partition to a logical drive. Then i nuked the original OSX install and created a new primary partition with Partition Magic. I created it right after C:\. I also left ~20MB of free allocation space for the OS selector to later install itself on. Also, make sure to go to windows xp disk management (in computer management) and select "Make Active" on the OSX partition.

I then installed OSX.

I couldn't get Acronis OS Selector 8 to work at first. It either said HFS+ error OR did not boot OSX, only into windows, regardless of what i selected in the OS selector. So what i did was install it AFTER the OSX installation. You can do this by creating a OS Selector boot CD. after the OSX install, boot of the OS selector CD. It will say it wants to create a FAT boot partition. After you restart, it will run the OS detections. IT will pick up XP pro immediately, but MAC will register as unknown.

detective

« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2008, 01:36:58 pm »
I'm stuck too, i;m getting "panic" and the errors says something abou PCI and ACPI, i dont have any option to disable ACPI in bios, only some Suspend To Ram thing, and i have no idea where that PCI error comes from.

Ive made some pictures with a cellphone, that was the only camera i had at me, i know the quality lacks

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2555/dsc00019fs3.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/889/dsc00020sq1.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1948/dsc00021ns3.jpg
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1561/dsc00022kf8.jpg

zlzqq

« Reply #68 on: August 05, 2010, 01:10:08 am »

Who is the one wow power leveling who feels that having a joint pain does not disrupts ones lifestyle, frankly speaking no one as wow power leveling joint pain is one such thing that can stop one from even performing the daily wow power leveling life activities. The discomfort that the joint pain provides is often world of warcraft power leveling accompanies by swelling and this can be lead to severe pain in the long run. Most wow cheap gold of the people are willing to go in for a natural remedy when it comes to joint pain as in this gold for wow case, chances of any side effect occurring are completely less. Nutrition clubbed together world of warcraft power leveling with VitaMedica's joint pain relief can help anyone get rid of even the severest of pain in a quick span of time.