Author Topic: Please submit a post here if you have any questions about my guide  (Read 39187 times)

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Please submit a post here if you have any questions about my guide
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 01:25:07 pm »
Unfortunately, there is nothing much I can talk about for the Wireless bit, as far as what I know, for the Wifi device on your laptop:
Integrated Wireless-LAN:12
o Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG
(802.11a/b/g)
does not have any available vendor-supplied driver.

I've tried to see what others did, and I came across here:
http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.4.7/Portables#Toshiba_Satellite_U205-S5002
which stated that Wifi will not work....

So unfortunately, you have to find a cable to access the Internet on your hackintosh for now.

However, stay tuned and there may be someone who is willing to write a driver for the wifi.

Thanks!

Figured it out! I am on MAC is up and running.
I was greedy and checked off all of the Installs (not a good idea)
So now I am live on Mac:
However I know this is the just the begining as from here onwards its going to be a cautios ride to where I can get some of the hardware on the machine like Wifi and DVDRW to work...

I have the:
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
..Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection - 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet
.....Integrated Wireless-LAN:12
...........Intel® PRO/Wireless Network Connection 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
for the WIFI CARD any suggestions?
&

DVDRW unfortunately I had to leave for work this morning or else I would be playing with my newly formed toy.

Here is the link to my toy any suggestions... pls let me know...
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_outFrm.jsp?moid=1481496&rpn=PLUA0U&ct=DS&soid=1525055&sn_mpn=null&[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=cccdaddljkedfilcgfkceghdgngdgnn.0

It is Toshiba Satelite U205-S5034

What can I expect when I try to burn a DVD?
so many questions... Whoa! I am seriously loving it...!

NEARD Break down will post as I grow....

shonit

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 07:48:38 am »
something totally goofy:
So I finally got my hands on the Os selector and installed it. Now,
it does not give me the option to boot at all. I just see Win XP pro. and that it.!
any suggestions?
... already tried reinstalling os selecter and does thing where burns a cd..

jadephyre

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2007, 04:18:05 am »
hi there, i have to say that i just stumbled over this whole "Hackintosh" Thing by accident... but reading all those guides for the last 3 Hours or so excited me.
I have an Acer Aspire 5050 Notebook with AMD Turion 64 MK-36 Processor from whom i know through CPU-Z that it has all the needed extensions like SSE2 & SSE3.
At the Moment i'm using Windows XP Professional on it and i'd like to COMPLETELY REPLACE IT with MacOS.

This raises two Questions:
1. Is that by any Chance possible ?
2. Is MacOS stable enough to be used on a daily Basis ?

Also, my LAN is an integrated Realtek Card and the WiFi is a Broadcom Chip... if anyone has something similar and they work, please tell me okay ?

scrubsuit

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 07:11:24 am »
hi! everything was working perfectly fine when i foolishly updated everything using the system updated. now every time I boot to Mac the "Darwin..." shows up and after a few more seconds it reboots. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!

imortal100

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 05:26:16 pm »
Hi. I just got a Dell notebook for myself. But I want to install mac osx 10.4.8 in that. i have the dvd. will it be safe for me to do that. Is there a possibility that I can be tracked down and filed a lawsuit against me since I did not install it from the original dvd.

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 11:07:42 am »
Did you use mark the MAC OS X partition as a primary partition? That is the only thing I can think off right now since the OS selector could detect most of the OS automatically, including the version of OS X that we are using in this case...

Good luck!

something totally goofy:
So I finally got my hands on the Os selector and installed it. Now,
it does not give me the option to boot at all. I just see Win XP pro. and that it.!
any suggestions?
... already tried reinstalling os selecter and does thing where burns a cd..

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 11:31:08 am »
1. Yes, it is, definitely, in fact, it is easier for you to replace windows completely than performing a dual boot.
2. Depends on what you want to do with it. If you want to make use of the basic document processing programs, then MAC is sufficient, however, I have to say that MAC would definitely run better on a real Macintosh machine like ibook and if you want to play games, be aware that hardly any game is supported in MAC.

Good luck and welcome to the Mac world!

hi there, i have to say that i just stumbled over this whole "Hackintosh" Thing by accident... but reading all those guides for the last 3 Hours or so excited me.
I have an Acer Aspire 5050 Notebook with AMD Turion 64 MK-36 Processor from whom i know through CPU-Z that it has all the needed extensions like SSE2 & SSE3.
At the Moment i'm using Windows XP Professional on it and i'd like to COMPLETELY REPLACE IT with MacOS.

This raises two Questions:
1. Is that by any Chance possible ?
2. Is MacOS stable enough to be used on a daily Basis ?

Also, my LAN is an integrated Realtek Card and the WiFi is a Broadcom Chip... if anyone has something similar and they work, please tell me okay ?

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 11:45:38 am »
Try to use the -v -s option to see the error message, worst come to worst reinstall the system, it only take less than 20 minutes.

hi! everything was working perfectly fine when i foolishly updated everything using the system updated. now every time I boot to Mac the "Darwin..." shows up and after a few more seconds it reboots. Is there anyway to fix this? Thanks!

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 11:46:56 am »
I am afraid I have addressed the question in my guide, please read it. thanks!
Hi. I just got a Dell notebook for myself. But I want to install mac osx 10.4.8 in that. i have the dvd. will it be safe for me to do that. Is there a possibility that I can be tracked down and filed a lawsuit against me since I did not install it from the original dvd.

chillinPanda

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 02:32:16 pm »
hi there,

i have the nearly the same notebook configuration like in the guide.

Intel Centrino Pentium M 1,7 ghz
1,25 gb ram
x700 graphic card
(notebook: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1437g)

I have JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrated burn on a dvd and loaded it. at the end the debugger calls panic, do u know what is wrong there? I will take a picture of that and post it here

here it is: http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7748/paniccimg7249dg0.jpg
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 02:44:05 pm by chillinPanda »

Here_we_go_Steelers

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 08:38:34 pm »
Hey,

So im a newbie at installing OSX but I know the basics. When i was prompted to press any key to install OSX, i did, and it ran some diagnostics, with some white letters, then it stopped at the bottom of the page with something that said "Kernel Version 8.8.1..." then some other stuff. Under that was what looked like a cursor that wasnt blinking, just a white rectangle. Please help, I really want Mac installed!

Thanks!

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 07:05:49 am »
Sorry for replying so late, I've been on vacation for a while...
As for your problem, it seemed to me that one of your USB devices is causing the problem, may I know have you tried to unplug and plug back in your USB devices and see if they work? Probably an incompatible USB device is causing the problem...

Good luck!

hi there,

i have the nearly the same notebook configuration like in the guide.

Intel Centrino Pentium M 1,7 ghz
1,25 gb ram
x700 graphic card
(notebook: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo M1437g)

I have JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrated burn on a dvd and loaded it. at the end the debugger calls panic, do u know what is wrong there? I will take a picture of that and post it here

here it is: http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/7748/paniccimg7249dg0.jpg

zhuanyi

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 07:10:42 am »
Sorry for the late reply.
This problem seemed to be very obvious to me with a problem of incorrect resolution, please adjust your resolution to 1024*768 when boot up the system, I believe I have mentioned the way in one of my previous posts.

Good luck!

Hey,

So im a newbie at installing OSX but I know the basics. When i was prompted to press any key to install OSX, i did, and it ran some diagnostics, with some white letters, then it stopped at the bottom of the page with something that said "Kernel Version 8.8.1..." then some other stuff. Under that was what looked like a cursor that wasnt blinking, just a white rectangle. Please help, I really want Mac installed!

Thanks!

chillinPanda

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2007, 07:27:18 am »
I have unplugged all my devices. my cpu has SSE2 do I have do type it into the bootparameter?

my pc is freezing when this lines come down. i can't restart wit ctrl+alt+del and i cannot turn the numpad on and off

what does it mean?

lakkaaa

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 07:25:03 am »
I'm downloading all the necessary files right now, can't wait to start trying if i can properly setup OsX @ my system! Thanks for the great Howto!

I was just wondering -- I've got a dual monitor setup @ Windows, do you think it's possible for me to get this working on OsX as well?

TIA